EGL 9.2: The Subject "Error and Warning Notification" Is Always Used Even If Email Subject Is Specified On An Alert Definition
(Doc ID 2828369.1)
Last updated on JUNE 14, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In case the Email Subject is specified on an Alert Definition, the notification email should show this specified subject,
however the subject "Error and Warning Notification" is always used.
1) Create a Query
Navigation: Reporting Tools > Query > Query Manager
2) Add an Email Address on the User ID
Navigation: PeopleTools > Security > User Profiles > User Profiles
3) Add a new Notification Registry with Notification Name EOEN
Navigation: Enterprise Components -> Events and Notifications -> Notifications Framework -> Notifications Registry
4) Add new message to the message catalog for the Email Subject and for the Message Text
Navigation: PeopleTools -> Utilities -> Administration -> Message Catalog
5) Create an Alert Definition using the Query, Notification Registry and Message.
Make sure that for the Email Subject and Message Text the newly created Message is used.
Navigation: Enterprise Compoments -> Events & Notifications -> Alerts -> Alert Definition
6) Run the Alert created with a trace
Navigation: Enterprise Components -> Events and Notifications -> Alerts -> Run Alerts
7) Check the Process Monitor
Navigation: PeopleTools -> Process Scheduler -> Process Monitor
8) Check the received notification email and see that the default subject "Error and Warning Notification" is used
instead of the Email Subject specified in the Alert Definition.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document