EEX9.2: 508 Compliance - Screen Reader (JAWS) Accessibility with The Employee Profile - Employee Data Tab
(Doc ID 2831317.1)
Last updated on JUNE 17, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
508 Compliance - JAWS issue with the Employee Profile - Employee Data tab.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Used JAWS screen reader tool.
1. Log in
2. Turn on the accessibility options below – ‘Enable Screen Reader Mode’ before logging into DEMO
3. Navigate to Main Menu > Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Common Definitions > User Preferences > Define User Preferences
4. Search for your User ID
5. Click the Overall Preferences tab and select ‘Alternate Character Enabled’
6. Navigate to Main Menu > Travel and Expenses > Manage Employee Information > Update Profile
7. Search for an Employee- results:
Issue 1 – The ‘Alternate Name 1’ icon , while read out by the screen reader, has no visible data label
Issue 2 – the radio buttons for ‘Employee Base’ and ‘Payments Sent To’ are read out as if they are one radio group instead of two distinct selections:
Home – “Home Radio Button check one of four”
Office – “Office Radio Button check two of four”
Home Address – “Home Address Radio Button check three of four”
Mailing Address – “Mailing Address Radio Button check four of four”
Issue 1 and Issue 2 mentioned above could not be replicated. Instead, we have 2 different issues:
Issue 1: First Name field is skipped, not read;
Issue 2: All section followed after Alternate Name 1 label is skipped (meaning -Telephone, Employee Base, Home, Office, Personnel Status, Payments Sent To, Home Address, Mailing Address are skipped, not read).
For the replication steps, you may check as well Replication_File.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document