EEX 9.2 :Alternate Account Description Not Populated on Expense Report Distribution (Fluid Approval)
(Doc ID 2831340.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 01, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Alternate Account Description is not populated on Expense Report Distribution (Expense Approval Fluid Page) on below scenarios-
when Alternate Account value <> Account value and when there are no PC Chart fields entered on Expense lines.
Basically, the issue is when Account & Alt account values differs, then there is issue displaying alt acct descr in most of the cases.
Also, Issue is not there when users go by "Expense Details" link.
Alternate Account Description is populated when-
Alternate Account value = Account value
Alternate Account value <> Account value & when PC chart fields are entered on expense line.
Expected behavior is that Alternate Account Description would be populated on Expense Report Distribution (Fluid Approval) also when Alternate Account value <> Account value & when there are no PC Chart fields entered on Expense lines.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log in to Application
2. Go to Set Up Financials/Supply Chain/Install/Installation Options – Overall tab- check "Enable Alternate Account" option
3. Go to Set Up Financials/Supply Chain/Business Unit Related/Generale Ledger/Ledger for A Unit page – check "Enable Alternate Account"
4. Go to Peopletools/Utilities/Administrations/Table Set Control page and check for Set Control Value- SHARE - for FS_40 – Alternate Account -SetID is populated as SHR02
5. Go to Peopletools/Utilities/Administrations/Table Set Control page and check for Set Control Value- US0001- for FS_40 – Alternate Account - SetID is populated as SHR02
6. Go to Set Up Financials/Supply Chain/Common Definitions/Define Values/Define Chartfield Value- go to Alternate Account tab and add a new value if required for SetID= SHR02 - for instance- Alternate Account 11111
7. Go to Setup Financials/Supply Chain/Product Related/Expenses/Purchase/Create Expense Type Codes- Expense Types 2 tab- Expense Type Account setup - Alt Account value is also set as 11111 by default for Account 650031
8. Go to Set Up Financials/Supply Chain/Common Definitions/Design Chartfields/ChartField Display Templates/Define CF Display Templates- go to Chartfield Display Template EX_EXP_SHEET_FL Chartfield Option = Both Value and Description
9. Go to Set Up Financials/Supply Chain/Common Definitions/Design Chartfields/ChartField Display Templates/Assign CF Display Templates- Chartfield Display Template EX_EXP_SHEET_FL is assigned to EX_EXP_SHEET_FL Component
10. Create new expense report by going to Travel and Expenses/Expense Report/Create/Modify- select Expense Type as Gasoline Charges- Alt Acct is by default populated as 11111 for Account 650031
11. Expense Report (ER) is submitted for approval
12. Expense Report (ER) is having "Submitted for Approval" status
13. Log in as approver (MGR1 in this case)
14. Go To Approvals tile - Pending Approvals
15. Select Expense Report (Click on Gasoline Charges)
16. Click on Lines- (View Accounting)
17. Click on View Accounting- Note, ALT Account Description is not showing up - Alt Acct is populated but NO description
18. Now, go back to "Pending Approvals", and select same report
19. Click on "View Details" link this time
20. Click on Accounting - you can see Alt Acct Descr is showing up- Alt Acct is populated and description is also there this time.
For reviewing the replication steps, please check the uploaded Replication_File.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document