EGM / EGL : FS_JGEN (General Ledger > Journals > Subsystem Journals > Generate Journals) Not Processing 'SFA' Rows when Using Application Business Unit in the Run Control. The Scenario Has PC BU Different From Grants & General Ledger Business Unit
(Doc ID 2832423.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 12, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Grants - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Users are unable to Journal Generate the SFA transactions in the following scenario at the application business unit level. The SFA rows do exist in PS_CA_ACCTG_LN_PC with the business unit field populated with the value of Project Costing Business Unit. But the users are unable to select the PC business unit with the Accounting entry definition option of GMDEFN that is used to process SFA rows.
- Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Business Unit Related > Grants > Award Setup and BU Definition. In Demo, the Grants BU - EGV05 is used. The PC BU is populated as US001 here. Basically, the setup is that the Grants, Contracts, and GL BUs are all EGV05. The PC BU is different. In this case, it is 'US001'.
- Create a Proposal, submit and generate an award. FA Pricing has been set up.
- Create an 'ACT' expense transaction in PROJ_RESOURCE using Add Transaction page. Navigation: Project Costing > Transaction Definitions > Add Transactions.
- Run GM_GMFACS process for the Project. Grants > Awards > Process Facilities Admin.
- Review the CA_ACCTG_LN_PC table. The BUSINESS_UNIT field is populated as 'US001' instead of 'EGV05'. The application business unit is Grants/Contracts which is EGV05.
- Run FS_JGEN (General Ledger > Journals > Subsystem Journals > Generate Journals). The Application Business Unit is 'EGV05' and Accounting Definition Name is 'GMDEFN'.
- The Generate Journals did not process any transactions. This is incorrect.
The system as of now is expecting the user to populate the PC Business unit of 'US001' as application business unit. This is incorrect. The problem environment is not set up with Contract BU of 'US001' as the company uses this BU just for Project Costing only.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document