EEX 9.2: Time Report Fluid Approvals Is Not Considering the Project Effective Date Based on Time Sheet Period End Date, As It Does in Online Classic Approvals.
(Doc ID 2833551.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 12, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Time Report Fluid Approvals functionality is not considering the Project Status Effective Date logic based on Time Sheet Period End Date, and as a result, one can approve the submitted Time Reports even though Project is Closed.
The Online Classic Approvals functionality does have the needed logic in place, and after performing the pertinent validations, it prevents the Approver to approve the transaction, as there will be a Message issued:
" The status of "Closed" for Project 000000000000312 prevents additional transactions (9000,419) "
1) Create a new Project Definition (Navigation Path: Project Costing > Project Definitions > Define Project General Info)
2) Create a new Activity for the Project Definition (Navigation Path: Project Costing > Activity Definitions > Define Project Activities)
3) Add Resources to the Project (Navigation Path: Project Costing > Project Definitions > Manage Project Team)
4) Select the 'Enable Status Control' check-box from Project Integration Installation Options (Navigation Path: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Install > Installation Options > Project Integration > General Integration Options widget)
5) Create, and submit a Time Report with a Period End Date (e.g. 06/12/201) (Navigation Path: Employee Self Service Fluid Homepage > Time Entry Tile)
6) Close the Project used by the Time Report on the Project General Information tab select the Status field, insert a new effective dated row (e.g. 05/28/2021) and update the Project Status field to "Closed" (Navigation Path: Project Costing > Project Definitions > Define Project General Info)
7) Via the Classic menu, log in as an Approver, and select the Time Report to approve. The result is one cannot approve the time report via the Classic menu. One will encounter the below message: (Navigation Path: Manager Self Service > Manager Travel and Expense Center > Approvals > Approve Expense Transactions)
" The status of "Closed" for Project 000000000000312 prevents additional transactions (9000,419)"
8) Via Fluid Approvals, select the same Time Report transaction, and approve it, with no Error Message triggered. (Navigation Path: Employee Self Service Fluid Homepage > Approvals Tile)
As Time Reports can be approved through Fluid Approvals, the transactions can later on be staged to Project Costing module, adding transactions in there for a Project that has already been closed.
Based upon Project Status Effective Date compared to the Period End Date of a Time Report, if Project Status => Period End Date, the system should prevent approval in Fluid User Interface.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document