Code Wraps Thesis Title In Extra <p></p> Tags Resulting In Error When Updating Program/plan
(Doc ID 2834422.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 23, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Records - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to use a thesis tile that is more than 300 characters and making a program change to a student,
the following error occurs.
Stmt #: 6812 Error Position: 113 Return: 12899 - ORA-12899: value too large for column "SYSADM"."PS_SSR_RS_TOPIC"."SSR_RS_THESIS_TITL" (actual: 307, maximum: 300)
Failed SQL stmt: UPDATE PS_SSR_RS_TOPIC SET EMPLID=:1,INSTITUTION=:2,SSR_RS_CANDIT_NBR=:3,SSR_RS_TOPIC_SEQ=:4,SSR_RS_THE
SIS_TITL=:5,SSR_RS_RSRCH_TOPIC=:6,SCC_ROW_UPD_OPRID=:7,SCC_ROW_UPD_DTTM=TO_TIMESTAMP(:8,'YYYY-MM-DD-HH24.MI.SS.FF') WHERE EMPLID=:9 AND INSTITUTION=:10 AND
SSR_RS_CANDIT_NBR=:11 AND SSR_RS_TOPIC_SEQ=:12 AND EFFDT=TO_DATE(:13,'YYYY-MM-DD') AND EFFSEQ=:14
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Assign thesis title to a grad student that has 300 or more characters including formatting
2. Go to Program/Plan for that student
3. Make a change to the program try to save
4. Note there is a message an sql error occurred, click okay
5. Note error to message of a fatal Peoplecode sql error occurred and click okay
5. Error shows
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document