On Transfer Credit Component Pages, Using the Course ID Field Prompt to Look Up an Existing Course ID by Catalog Nbr 'begins with', the Look Up Page Displays Result of 'No matching values were found.'
(Doc ID 2848186.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 10, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Records - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On several Transfer Credit components/pages, when clicking the magnifying glass prompt for the Course ID field on the page, then attempting the Look Up on Subject Area and Catalog Nbr, with the default search parameter 'begins with' unchanged, the result returned on the page is 'No matching values were found.'
This result is incorrect, which can be verified by re-doing the search using only Subject Area, where a result with the existing Course - with the same Catalog Nbr used in the previous search - will appear on the list. Correct results can also be obtained by using a different parameter, such as 'contains', with the Catalog Nbr field.
The same issue does not exist on other components, outside of Transfer Credit, that incorporate a prompt on Course ID. An example would be Curriculum Management > Enrollment Requirements > Enrollment Requirement Groups > Requisite Detail, which produces the correct search results following the same steps.
The pages where the issue occurs include the following:
- Records and Enrollment > Transfer Credit Rules > Transfer Subject Area > Subject Area Elements, with the Course ID lookup in the Internal Equivalent group box.
- Records and Enrollment > Transfer Credit Evaluation > Course Credits Automated > Transfer Course Details, with the Course ID lookup on the Equivalent Course Information (Edit Equivalent Course) modal window.
- Records and Enrollment > Transfer Credit Evaluation > Course Credits – Manual > Transfer Course Entry, with Course ID on Edit Equivalent Course group box
- Records and Enrollment > Transfer Credit Evaluation > Test Credits – Automated > Test Credit Details, with Course ID lookup on the Equivalent Course Information (Edit Equivalent Course) modal window.
- Records and Enrollment > Transfer Credit Evaluation > Test Credits – Manual > Test Credit Entry, with Course ID lookup on the Equivalent Course Information (Edit Equivalent Course) modal window.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
- Navigate to one of the five components listed above.
- Find the indicated Course ID field, and click on the magnifying glass prompt.
- Enter a value only in the Subject Area field, and click Look Up. Note one of the rows returned, and the Catalog Nbr value.
- Enter the observed value in the Catalog Nbr search field, leave 'begins with' unchanged, and click Look Up. Note there are now no rows returned, and instead the message 'No matching values were found.'
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document