When Using FLUID Swap Classes and Changing Grading Basis Preference, the New Class Row on View My Classes After Submit Shows Grading Basis Unchanged
(Doc ID 2848361.1)
Last updated on MARCH 22, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Records - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a student uses Swap Classes in FLUID, and changes the Grading Basis in the Review Class Preferences step, the new/chosen Grading Basis is not reflected in the final result, as seen on View My Classes, after the change is submitted.
This process is expected to work the same as when a student simply enrolls in a class in FLUID, which does not produce this same issue, and the final result correctly reflects the grading basis chosen by the student.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Identify a course set up with grading basis (OPT) - allowing the student to assign their own grading basis in FLUID. The grading basis can be verified on Curriculum Management > Course Catalog > Course Catalog > Catalog Data, at the global course level; and/or Curriculum Management > Schedule of Classes > Adjust Class Associations > Class Components, at the term level.
- As the student, sign into the Student Homepage, and Navigate to Manage Classes Tile, Swap Classes.
- Choose an existing class to swap from, and the class in step 1 to swap to.
- Proceed, and on step 2 of 3 - Review Class Preferences - change Grading Basis to something other than the default; for example, if default is 'Graded', change to 'Pass/Not Pass'.
- Finish the rest of the steps.
- Click View My Classes, and on the new class row, note the Grading Basis is still the previous default value instead of what was chosen in step 4.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document