EEX 9.2: Time Adjustment Gets Approved Through Fluid Approval Even When Project Or Activity Is Closed With Effective Date Before Time Adjustment End Date
(Doc ID 2848376.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 10, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Time Adjustment gets approved through Fluid Approval when Project Or Activity Close Effective Date is before Time Period End Date
1. Create a new Project Definition (Navigation Path: Project Costing > Project Definitions > Define Project General Info)
2. Create a new Activity for the Project Definition (Navigation Path: Project Costing > Activity Definitions > Define Project Activities)
3. Add Resources to the Project (Navigation Path: Project Costing > Project Definitions > Manage Project Team)
4. Select the 'Enable Status Control' check-box from Project Integration Installation Options (Navigation Path: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Install > Installation Options > Project Integration > General Integration Options widget)
5. Create, and submit a Time Report with a Period End Date (e.g. 06/12/201) (Navigation Path: Employee Self Service Fluid Homepage > Time Entry Tile)
6. Get the TIme Report Approved.
7. Run Expense Processing process with option “Stage time to project costing”
8. View the Time Report once the process is completed and create and submit a revision/Time Adjustment
9. Go to Project Costing > Project Definitions > General Information, open project and Click on Status link. Add an effective dated row with status is C (Close) and
Make sure the date is in past and before the period end date of the Time Adjustment.
Go to Project Costing > Project Definitions > General Information, open project and the activity details used in the time report, Click on activity
status. On the Next page click on Include History and then add an effective dated row with status is C (Close). Make sure the date is in past and before the
period end date of the time report.
10. Via the Classic menu, log in as an Approver, and select the Time Adjustment to approve. The result is one cannot approve the time report via the Classic menu. One will encounter the below message: (Navigation Path: Manager Self Service > Manager Travel and Expense Center > Approvals > Approve Expense Transactions)
If Project is closed " The status of "Closed" for Project 000000000000312 prevents additional transactions (9000,419)"
If Activity is closed "The status of "Closed" for project ALLPROJECTS and activity G&A prevents additional transactions. (9000,421) "
11. Via Fluid Approvals, select the same Time Adjustment transaction, and approve it, with no Error Message triggered. (Navigation Path: Employee Self Service Fluid Homepage > Approvals Tile)
- Time Adjustment should not get approved as the activity or project is closed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document