EAM9.2:AP To AM Interface Produces Double Negative Lines When Interfacing An Unposted Voucher
(Doc ID 2850531.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 03, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
*** Check for currency on 2023-Oct-02 ***
AP to AM interface produces double negative lines when interfacing an unposted voucher.
When previously interfaced voucher to AM is unposted in AP, the subsequent interface brings in two negative lines into AM interface table instead of one to negate the previously interfaced cost.
Example: when a voucher of $100 is interfaced to AM and at later date is unposted, the subsequent interface brings in two -$100 lines which results in inaccurate cost on the asset.
Steps to replicate:
1. Create a voucher from a PO, add a specific Asset ID, and save. (Purchasing > Purchase Orders > Add/Update POs)
2. Receive the PO. (Purchasing > Receipts > Add/Update Receipts)
3. Create, Match and approve the Voucher. (Payables > Vouchers > ...)
3. Review the 'Pre-Interface' data (Preview AP/PO Information). Load Status = Pending (Asset Management > Send/Receive Information > Preview AP/PO Information)
4. Run the 'Retrieve Info from AP/PO' (AMPS1000) process. Review the 'Interface' data. (Asset Management > Send/Receive Information > Retrieve Info from AP/PO)
5. Run the 'Load into AM' process (AMIF1000). (Asset Management > Send/Receive Information > Interface Transactions > Load into AM)
6. Review the 'Cost History' for the asset. (Asset Management > Asset Transactions > Review Cost)
7. Now go back to AP and 'unpost' the Voucher. Re-run the the 'Load Asset Request' (INTFAPAM) process for the Voucher.
8. Review the 'Pre-Interface' data for the new Pre-Interface ID. Noted Transaction Cost.
9. Re-run the 'Retrieve Info from AP/PO' (AMPS1000) process.
10. Review the 'Interface' data for the new Interface ID.
There are three lines for the new Interface ID, 2 for interface line number 1 and 1 for interface line number 2, two of which are entries for a quantity of -1.
11. Re-run the 'Load into AM' process.
12. Review the 'Cost History' for the asset again. This time there are two negative amount entries when there should only be one.
See replication here.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document