Group Reporting Change is not Working for Employees Who Reports to Empty Position
(Doc ID 2851164.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 24, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When manager submit the 'Report To' change request using 'Update Job Details for Group' of an employee who reports to empty position, following issues observed.
1. On Job Details and Review & Submit page is not showing the Current Information
2. Admin navigation showing After Approval and Before Approval showing the same information which is current information.
3. After approver approved the transaction, new job row not inserted with 'Report To' and Position Data not updated.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Make sure 'Allow Empty Position' is selected for Component HR_MSS_CT_FL in Direct Reports Transaction Configuration.
Set Up HCM > Common Definitions > Direct Reports for Managers > Configure Direct Reports UI
2. Make sure that Emplid KU0083 is using Position data and make a note of position number 19000046.
3. Open the position noted in the above step. Add a new effective dated row to change the 'Reports To' from 19000430 to 19000036 and Save.(This is to make KU0083 is reporting to EMPTY position)
Organizational Development > Position Management > Maintain Positions/Budgets > Add.Update Position Info
4. Verify KU0083 job data. Position Change row is inserted.
5. Logged in as Manager i.e. PS/PS.
6. Select the Employee(KU0083) who is reporting to EMPTY POSITION(19000036) from the below navigation.
Manager Self Service Fluid Home page > Click on Update Team Information > Update Job Details for Group
7. Submit the transaction by changing 'Reports To'. When submitting the transaction, On Job Details and Review & Submit page Current Information is showing as BLANK.
8. Navigate to Workforce Administration > Self Service Transactions > Guided Self Service Request.
9. Enter Emplid KU0083 and click on Search
10.After Approval and Before Approval showing the same information.
11. Logged in as Approver i.e. JPARSONS/JPARSONS and clicked on the Approval tile. Approved the transaction.
12. Open Job data of Emplid KU0083. Reports To change row is not added to the Job data.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document