EAP: Payment Post is Generating Rounding Suspense Account (RSA) Entry Instead of Realised Gain or Loss Entry For Cancelled and Reissued Payments
(Doc ID 2854148.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 21, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Payment Post is generating Rounding Suspense Account (RSA) entry instead of Realized Gain or Loss entry for cancelled and reissued payments. This happens when exchange rates are different on the payment dates.
1) Create a Voucher with transaction currency different than base currency.
Navigation: Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update > Regular Entry
2) Post the voucher.
Navigation: Accounts Payable > Batch Processes > Vouchers > Voucher Posting
3) Pay the Voucher using Pay Cycle.
Navigation: Accounts Payable > Payments > Pay Cycle Processing > Pay Cycle Manager
4) Post the payment.
Navigation: Accounts Payable > Batch Processes > Payment > Payment Posting
5) Cancel and re-issue the payment. Do Not make any change to Voucher / Payment Schedule.
Navigation: Accounts Payable > Payments > Cancel/Void Payments > Payment Cancellation
6) Pay the Voucher using Pay Cycle such that Payment Date is different from the previous payment date.
7) Post the payment.
8) Review Accounting Entries
Navigation: Accounts Payable > Payments > Review Accounts Payable Info > Vouchers > AP Accounting Entries
- RSA entry is generated
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document