The Value of SAE_MODE On SAE_INSTR_EXT Table Is Not Being Updated To 'D' When Instructor Is Removed From A Class
(Doc ID 2854155.1)
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Records - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If an Instructor is removed from a class on the Maintain Schedule of Classes, the Instructor value on the SAE_MODE field on the PS_SAE_INSTR_EXT table is not updated with a "D" (Delete). Only when a new Instructor ID is assigned to the Class is the SAE_MODE field update with the "D" value.
It is expected the SAE_INSTR_EXT table will be updated immediately when the Instructor is removed from a Class on the Maintain Schedule of Classes page.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Navigate to Curriculum Management > Schedule of. Classes > Maintain Schedule of Classes.
- Query a Class in Maintain Schedule of Classes
- Remove the Instructor ID from the Class and Save.
- With a Query tool, Query the SAE_INSTR_EXT table and note the SAE_MODE field is not updated.
- Open the Class in Maintain Schedule of Classes and add a new Instructor ID.
- Re-query the SAE_INSTR_EXT table and note the SAE_MODE field for the original Instructor is updated with the correct "D" value
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document