Accessibility: Fluid Class Search and Browse Course Catalog Results Shown as Unordered List Instead of Normal List Items, Failing Compliance with WCAG 2.0 (A)
(Doc ID 2854185.1)
Last updated on MARCH 09, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Records - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using Fluid Class Search or Browse Catalog in accessibility mode, the screen reader is expected to read the results as list items. Instead, the results are shown and read in an unordered list.
This result fails WCAG success criterion 1.3.1 (Level A), when the requirements are to meet WCAG Level AA.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Sign into the Student Homepage with screen reader mode enabled.
- Click on Manage Classes tile.
- Click on Class Search and Enroll.
- Perform any search that will return at least one result.
- Observe how the screen reader processes the result(s).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document