Third Party Contract Credit Does Not Pay GST Associated With Charges Permitted to Be Paid by the Contract
(Doc ID 2855125.1)
Last updated on MARCH 10, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Financials - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A Third Party Contract has been setup with Eligible tree nodes on the Student Financials, Payment Plans, Third Party Contracts, Create, Third Party Charges tab. Some of the Tree Nodes have the Include Tax box checked on. When students are linked to the charges, the GST (Goods and Services Tax) charge related to eligible charges are not being paid by the third party contract credit. The GST charge should be paid based on the Third Party Contract setup.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Navigate to Student Financials, Payment Plans, Third Party Contracts, Assign;
- Select the Third Party Contract;
- Assign a student to the contract;
- Click the Post button;
- Navigate to Student Financials, View Customer Accounts;
- Select the student assigned to the contract in Step 3
- Note the GST portion of the charges covered by the third party contract are not paid by the contract, but the parent charges are.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document