External Awards FAPPKEAL Log File Shows '0 EXTERNAL AWARDS SELECTED FOR POSTING.' and '0 STUDENTS PROCESSED.'
(Doc ID 2858521.1)
Last updated on MARCH 25, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Financial Aid - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When running the external award load process, 0 students are being selected and processed, as indicated in the FAPPKEAL log file, when there are expected to be students processed, based on the processing status of 'Unprocessed' ('U') on the transaction row(s) on the SFA_EASTAGE_DTL table.
In some cases, this issue may be seen in conjunction with the issue documented in <Note 2547571.1>-External Award Load Batch Process FAPPKEAL not Selecting Unprocessed Records After Error With Original Batch. However, after following the steps in that document, to set any 'In Process Abend' ('I') statuses back to 'U', the students still aren't processed, and in some cases may just end up back in the 'I' status.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Navigate to Financial Aid > Awards > External Awards > Load External Awards > Load External Awards, and run the process, using the desired parameters.
- Click link to Process Monitor.
- Click 'Details' link on the row for the process instance, once the process is finished.
- Click link that says 'View Log/Trace' in the lower right.
- Click FAPPKEAL log file in the file list, review the results, and note the messages indicating 0 students selected and processed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document