Replenishment Request Validation Messages For Min QTY does not Show What Is The Minimum Quantity to Order and for which Requisition Line
(Doc ID 2859889.1)
Last updated on MARCH 06, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Replenishment request with multiple lines gets validated for Minimum ordering Quantity but the message received does not show which requisition line and what is the Minimum order quantity needed.
For example, on Requisitions created directly in Purchasing module and on the Requisitions that come from Replenishment there is a warning message for Minimum Order quantity, which does not indicate which is the quantity that should be ordered and for which line.
>>>Message on Purchasing Requisition: "The quantity requested is less than the minimum order quantity for the supplier item on line 1. (10105,35)"
While in eProcurement Requisition, there is a similar validation and message which contains the quantity too.
>>>Message in eProcurement Requisition: "The quantity requested is less than the minimum order quantity 70 for the supplier item on line 1. (18036,11628)"
Steps to reproduce the issue:
- Create new items for testing (Items>Define Items and Attributes>Define Item).
- on Items>Define Items and Attributes>Define Item>Purchasing Attributes> Item Supplier tab>Supplier's UOM and Pricing information, set a value for the Minimum Quantity.
- Define Business Unit Item setup (Items>Define Items and Attributes>Define Business Unit Item>Inventory tab). Set Reorder Point and Reorder quantity.
- Run Replenishment Process (Inventory>Replenish Inventory>Create Replenishment Requests).
- Run PO_REQLOAD process (Purchasing>Requisitions>Load Requisitions). Requisition ID gets created and can be found in the message log of the PO_REQLOAD process.
- Search the Requisition in eProcurement menu and open it (eProcurement>Manage Requisitions).
- The next message appears: "Quantity requested is less than the minimum order quantity for the supplier item on line 1. (10105,35)".
This shows that for replenishment requisitions, the message does not indicate the minimum QTY to order. This is the issue reported.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document