'DirectLoanAttendanceCost' in Wrong Position in .XML Created by DLOUT, Due to Incorrect Sequence Number of 82 Assigned to the Field in View COD XML Fields Setup For Schema 5.0a
(Doc ID 2860062.1)
Last updated on JULY 27, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Financial Aid - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When running DLOUT to create an .XML to send to COD for Aid Year 2022-2023 using the new schema 5.0a, the <DirectLoanAttendanceCost> tag is in the wrong position in the file. The tag should be placed between the <FinancialAwardID> and <FinancialAwardCreateDate> tags, but is instead placed after the <FinancialAwardCreateDate>. If the file is sent to COD in this format, COD will reject the file for invalid schema.
The problem can be traced to the "View COD XML Fields" setup for schema 5.0a, where the DirectLoanAttendanceCost field is assigned an incorrect sequence number of 82. To correspond with the expected file schema, the field should be assigned a sequence number greater than the FinancialAwardID but less than the FinancialAwardCreateDate.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Navigate to Financial Aid > File Management > COD Full Participant > Generate Direct Loan Data > Direct Loan Outbound.
- Run the process with parameters of Aid Year 2023 and Schema 5.0a.
- Click Process Monitor to note when process completes.
- Click link for DLOUT, then click into SFA_COD_OUT step.
- Click link that says 'View Log/Trace', then click into the .XML (or whichever format was used) data file in the file list.
- Note the location of the <DirectLoanAttendanceCost> tag in the file, after the <FinancialAwardCreateDate> tag. If the file is sent to COD in this format, it will be returned rejected with reason 'invalid schema'.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document