EAP: Bank Account Encryption Abends at Step TR_CRYPT_AE.01_UPD.STEP03 - RC = 1427
(Doc ID 2860303.1)
Last updated on APRIL 13, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Cash Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Bank Account Encryption process from Bug 33573561, abends updating PS_BANK_STMT_HDR.
1. PeopleTools > Security > Encryption > Encryption Algorithm Keysets > enter Key Value for the following:
a. Algorithm ID = aes_ks256_cbc_encrypt
b. Algorithm ID = aes_ks256_cbc_decrypt
c. Key Value will be the same for both Encryption & Decryption Algorithm IDs above
d. To generate Key Value, reference Tools <Note 1608091.1> - E-SEC: PET How To Create An 256 AES Encryption Profile Based On aes_ks256_cbc_encrypt And aes_ks256_cbc_decrypt Keys
2. PeopleTools > Security > Encryption > Define Encryption Profiles > setup for both FSCM_ACCT_NUM_ENCRYPT and FSCM_ACCT_NUM_DECRYPT > Parameter Value is required >
click magnifying glass > select Bank_Account_Number > Save
3. PeopleTools > Security > Encryption
a. Encryption Profile ID = FSCM_ACCT_NUM_ENCRYPT
b. Text to be Encrypted = enter any value, i.e., 12345
c. Click Run Encryption Profile
d. Encrypted value will appear in the Encrypted Text field - HF5MKY9AN0+T+ITUdp/Ojw== (copy this value to be used in FSCM_ACCT_NUM_DECRYPT)
4. Test FSCM_ACCT_NUM_DECRYPT Profile
a. Take the Encrypted Text field value from testing FSCM_ACCT_NUM_ENCRYPT
b. In the 'Text to be Encrypted' field enter HF5MKY9AN0+T+ITUdp/Ojw==
c. Click the 'Run Encryption Profile' button
d. Encrypted Text will bring back value 12345 which is the value from testing FSCM_ACCT_NUM_ENCRYPT 'Text to be Encrypted' field
5. Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Common Definitions > Encryption Configuration > Bank Account Number Encryption > make sure there are no financial
processes running when this process is running
a. Encryption Profile ID = FSCM_ACCT_NUM_ENCRYPT and Decryption Profile ID = FSCM_ACCT_NUM_DECRYPT
b. Click button for 'Validate Profiles'
c. Profile Status = Valid
6. Process Encryption > click Run button > Program FSCM_CRYPTAE abends
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document