EGL 9.2: After Upgrading to Tools 8.59.08/8.59.09, Journal Import Message is Success Using JRNL1_WS.xlsm, But 0 Journals Imported With No Errors and Dialog Box States "Import OK" Along With Sheet Name
(Doc ID 2864246.1)
Last updated on JULY 12, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The journal import no longer works after upgrading to Tools 8.59.08. The message is success after uploading a journal from JRNL1_WS.xlsm but the message in the log file is 0 journals imported with no errors.
In addition, the initial dialog box states "Import OK" plus the sheet name while the rest of the dialog box is empty instead of correctly stating "Imported 1 journals" along with the business unit, journal id and journal date.
1. Copy JRNL1_WS.xlsm, JRNLMCRO_WS.xlsm, RelLangMcro.xla from Demo
2. Open JRNL1_WS.xlsm in Excel
3. Check Trust Center: Enable VBA macros and Trust access to the VBA project object model are checked
4. Click ‘Setup & Defaults’ button in the workbook
5. Update defaults as needed, ensure the online import control is setup for the 8.59.08 test environment
6. Click on the Configure button to setup the journal import sheet
7. Complete ChartField configuration then exit
8. Click on New Sheet
9. Add a journal header, update the required fields, add 2 lines and update fields to complete the journal entry
10. Click on the Import Journal button to the left of the Home button
11. Enter the UserID and password > Click OK
12. After a few minutes, the confirmation appears, Import OK and sheet name is on the dialog box subject, but the box is empty
13. The information appears in the JrnlLog.xlsx file
14. Typically, the message box contains information for the journal upload (number of journals uploaded, or errors appear).
The same information will appear in the Journal Log in column E but it is empty also.
15. Go to the 8.59 Test environment > Menu > General Ledger > Journals > Create/Update Journal Entries > No journals are found for the criteria
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document