EAM: When Assets Are Copied From Existing Assets Having Doc Sequencing It Is Not Generating New Document Sequencing Number in the Copied Asset
(Doc ID 2866544.1)
Last updated on JULY 06, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
For Copied Assets Doc Sequencing number does not get auto populated . When assets are copied the document sequencing field is empty.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Enable document sequencing at instillation option (Main Menu > Setup Financials Supply Chain > Install > Installation Options)
2. Enable doc sequencing at GL BU level (Main Menu > Setup Financials Supply Chain > Business Unit Related > General Ledger > General Ledger Definition)
3. Create an asset (Main Menu > Asset Management > Asset Transactions > Owned Assets > Express Add)
4. Run Depreciation (Main Menu > Asset Management > Depreciation > Calculate )
5. Create accounting entries, check that the doc sequencing values are populated (Asset Management > Accounting Entries > Create Accounting Entries)
6. Create another asset by copying this asset (Asset Management > Asset Transactions > Owned Assets > Copy Existing Asset)
7. Run depreciation for the copied asset (Main Menu > Asset Management > Depreciation > Calculate )
8. Create accounting entries (Asset Management > Accounting Entries > Create Accounting Entries)
9. Now the document sequencing is missing in the copied asset. (Asset management > Asset transactions > Owned Assets > Copy Existing Asset > Doc Sequencing tab)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document