ABMGT: Backward Retro Limit Ignored/Not Behaving as Expected
(Doc ID 2869968.1)
Last updated on MAY 17, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Absence Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Absence Management 9.2: Retroactive calculations for periods pre-dating the 'no retro before' limit date are being calculated. It is expected that the retro process should exclude calendars which were finalized before the 'no retro before' limit date.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
- Configure Pay Entity for a 'no retro before' limit. Setup HCM>Product Related>Global Payroll and Absence Management>Framework>Organizational>Pay Entities>Retro Limit page. The backward limit, "no retro before" is set for November of the previous calendar year. Thus, for this example, expect that no retroactive calculations will take place for calendars dated before November 1, 2020.
- Employee is given a Job Data change, retroactive to 2019
- Run the Absence calculation process: Global Payroll and Absence Management>Absence and Payroll Processing>Calculate Absence and Payroll
- Review calculation results: Global Payroll and Absence Management>Absence and Payroll Processing>Review Absence/Payroll Info>Results by Calendar Group.
- The results display rows for calendars dated from January, 2020 - October, 2020. These results are not expected, based on the configuration of 'no retro before' limit.
Note: there are no delta results, which would impact pay, but the number of recalculated rows displayed can be confusing and could also cause processing overhead (performance impact).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document