E-WF/Portal: Accessing Pending Approvals Transactions Trigger Several URL Redirects in a Unified Navigation Clustered Environment
(Doc ID 2874812.1)
Last updated on JUNE 07, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.58 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In a PeopleSoft Portal/clustered environment configured with Unified Navigation, accessing any Pending Approvals transaction triggers several URL redirects in succession. For example, in Portal, after loading the Approvals Tile from FSCM and users interact directly with the link to approve transactions, it appears that the navigation is done within the component buffer and then several redirects occur, potentially wasting time. Other than that, approval workflow pages work correctly and navigate to the correct pages. There are no problems approving transactions either. The site is just concerned about potential performance.
Unified Navigation - Campus Solutions configured as the Portal
FSCM 9.2 PUM 41 and HCM 9.2 PUM 41 (both configured as content databases)
Approvals tile on Campus Solutions lists approvals from all 3 environments.
1. Log in to the Portal application (Campus Solutions in this scenario).
2. Click the Approvals Tile for FSCM or HCM.
3. Select any Pending Requisitions transaction entry.
4. Either Approve or Deny the transaction or click the Edit Requisition link.
5. Notice the multiple page reloads while the URL in the browser address bar redirects several times to different nodes, until the approval processing completes.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document