In Fluid Class Search 'Additional ways to search' Link, Some Special Characters Used for Catalog Number Cause 'Search Exception: all shards failed' or 'onReadyState' Errors After Clicking Search Button
(Doc ID 2877231.1)
Last updated on JUNE 17, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Records - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to use the FLUID class search 'Additional ways to search' option, and special characters in the Catalog number, a variety of errors occur after clicking the search button, depending on the characters:
- Using the character ~ results in 'Search Exception: all shards failed'
- Using the single quote ' results in "Function 'onReadyState' Error:missing ) after argument list". In this case, the user cannot also simply return to the previous page, but must refresh the browser window.
- Using \ results in "Function 'onReadyState' Error: Invalid left-hand side in assignment", and again the user cannot also simply return to the previous page, but must refresh the browser window.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Click on Manage Classes tile on Student Homepage
- Click 'Class Search and Enroll' in left navigation.
- Click 'Additional ways to search' link.
- Enter the characters ~, ', \ (one at a time) in the Catalog Number field, then click 'search' box and note the errors displayed on the page.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document