Posting A Payment to a Student Account Applies in Excess to the Charge and Does Not Pay Associated GST (Goods and Services Tax)
(Doc ID 2879843.1)
Last updated on JUNE 28, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Financials - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Posting a payment to a student account using Cashiering, Post Student Payments, or Post Student Transaction, the amount applied to the charge item type is in excess of the amount of the charge. The GST (Goods and Services Tax) associated to the charge is not paid.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Navigate to Student Financials, Cashiering, Post Student Payments
- Enter the emplid on the Add Search page;
- Click Add;
- Enter the Target Key, Payment Amount, Term and Tender Key;
- Click Create Receipt;
- Navigate to Student Financials, Charges and Payments, Post Student Transaction;
- Enter the emplid and Payment Item Type on the Add Search page;
- Click Add;
- Enter the Payment Item type and Term;
- Click the Post button;
- Navigate to Student Financials, View Customer Accounts;
- Select the emplid;
- Click the Account Details hyperlink for the account type containing the charges;
- Note the charge item is paid in excess of the Item Amount and the associated GST remains unpaid.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document