EAP: Voucher Posting Not Creating Withholding Liability When India Withholding Entity Has 2 Active Effective Dates
(Doc ID 2881693.1)
Last updated on JULY 06, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If there are 2 active Effective Dates for an India Withholding Entity where Apply Withholding = Withhold at Voucher Posting, when Voucher Posting is run for a TDS Withholding Voucher, the Withholding Liability entry is missing. The amount for the Accounts Payable entry is including the amount that should be for the Withholding Liability entry.
1. Navigate to Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Product Related > Procurement Options > Withholding > Withholding Entities
2. Display Withholding Entity = INDIT
3. Row already exists for Effective date = 01/01/2022 and Apply Withholding = Withhold at Voucher Posting
4. Click the + sign
5. Add a new row with Effective Date = 04/01/2022 with Apply Withholding = Withhold at Voucher Posting
6. Make the necessary changes to the Withholding Class(es)
7. Navigate to Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update > Regular Entry
8 Create a new Voucher for a Withholding Supplier
a. Invoice Date = 04/17/2022
b. Accounting Date = 04/30/2022
c. Total = 1,180.00
d. GST = 180.00
e. Line Amount = 1,000.00
9. Navigate to Accounts Payable > Batch Processes > Vouchers > Voucher Posting
10. Run Voucher Posting for the Voucher
11. Navigate to Accounts Payable > Review Accounts Payable Info > Vouchers > AP Accounting Entries
12. Display the Voucher from Step 8
13. The following AP Accrual entries are created:
Setoff - IGST
14. The Withholding Liability entry is missing, which is incorrect. Accounts Payable entry is including the amount that should be for the Withholding Liability.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document