EGL9.2: GLRN_CALC Process Not Calculating Correctly for Reconciliation Rule with Multiple Accounts
(Doc ID 2882194.1)
Last updated on JULY 19, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The ledger balances for a GL reconciliation are calculated initially when you run the Create Reconciliation (GLRN_CREATE) process. Then, if you need to update the balances after creating the reconciliation, you can run the Calculate Balances process (GLRN_CALC) which calculates the ledger account balances for the reconciliation and updates the GLRN_RECON_TBL by using the balances, among other documents, to work on the account reconciliation.
When running the Calculate Balances process (GLRN_CALC), getting incorrect calculations for a Reconciliation Rule and Chartfield Value Set with multiple accounts whereas still getting correct calculation results for a Reconciliation Rule and a single account.
1. Create and post a journal with a balance sheet and expense account.
2. Now setup reconciliation setup. Go to General Ledger > Perform Reconciliation > Configurations > Assignments
Create an assignment level for Account and Business Unit. Click on chartfield link next to the description.
Provide the field name - Account and Business Unit.
For Account select "Assignment Done At" Node At Selected Level. Provide the tree name and level name.
(say tree name is all_acct and level rpt_type)
3. Go to General Ledger > Perform Reconciliation > Reconciliation Rule. Under "Chartfield Values to Reconcile"
provide the chartfield value set. Click "update/new". Verify the ChartField Value Set.
Provide the tree name and node ( say tree name is all_acct and node as balance sheet).
4. Go to General Ledger > Perform Reconciliation > Reconciliation Set. Provide the business unit From and To values and assignment level (Account and Business Unit - what we created in step 2).
5. Hit Create Reconciliation. Provide the reconciliation rule value (step 3).
6. Run the process GLRN_CREATE.
7. Go to reconciliation workbench. Provide the criteria and confirm. Navigation: General Ledger > Perform Reconciliation > Acct Reconciliation Workbench.
8. Next run the Calculate Balances process (GLRN_CALC). Navigation: General Ledger > Perform Reconciliation > Calculate Recon Balances
Notice that getting incorrect calculations for a Reconciliation Rule and Chartfield Value Set with multiple accounts whereas getting correct calculation results for a Reconciliation Rule and a single account.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document