EAM9.2: Asset Disposal Worksheet Does Not Calculate the Retirement Amount Correctly When Books are Not in Sync.
(Doc ID 2885116.1)
Last updated on JULY 25, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Asset Disposal Worksheet does not calculate the retirement amount correctly when books are not in sync.
Asset has 2 books. Make an adjustment to one of the books. Then using disposal worksheet retire the asset. This in turn retires 0 amount for both the book. Retirement amount not calculated correctly.
Steps to replicate:
1. Navigate to Cost Adjust/Transfer Asset.
Access the Asset, deselect ‘Copy Changes to Other Books’ option, select ‘Adjustment’ and click GO!
Asset has 2 Books: CORP and FEDERAL.
2. Make a cost adjustment for Book CORP only and click Apply button. Note that there’s no adjustment made to Book FEDERAL.
3. Then, save. Click Yes on below warning message:
'This BU requires that transactions be copied to all books. Do you wish to override this option? (8010,176)'
4. Review Cost History, note that Trans Type ADJ has been recorded for Book CORP only, bringing its Total Cost = 0.
While for Book FEDERAL, no recorded adjustment.
5. Navigate to Disposal Worksheet, select the Asset ID, then, click Retrieve.
6. Populate the Disposal Code and click Submit for Disposal. Click OK on the warning message.
7. Run Load into AM.
8. Review Cost. Asset has been moved to Disposed status. CORP
Asset has been disposed thru Disposal Worksheet, turning Asset status = Disposed.
Yet, CORP has 0 cost, while FEDERAL still has balance.
See replication here.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document