Supplier Purchase Order Acknowledgement For Canceled PO Lines Issue
(Doc ID 2889012.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 16, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM eSupplier Connection - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Issues found with Supplier Purchase Order Acknowledgements where the supplier seems to be able to acknowledge - actually try to make changes to a canceled line from the supplier portal to quantity, date and/or unit price.
There's no visibility to the supplier that the PO line is already canceled and there would be no need to acknowledge the PO line again.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Message Definition 'PURCHASE_ORDER_ACKNOWLEDGEMENT'. PeopleTools > Integration Broker > Integration Setup > Message Definitions
- Services Operations. Activate. PeopleTools > Integration Broker > Integration Setup > Service Operations
- Queue Definitions. Queue status = run. PeopleTools > Integration Broker > Integration Setup > Queue Definitions
- Turn on POA processing at the business unit options page for BU = ‘US100’. Setup Financials/Supply Chain > Business Unit related > Purchasing > Purchasing Options
- Buyer Setup. Default PO Status = ‘Open’. Setup Financials/Supply Chain > Product related > Procurement Options > Purchasing > Buyer Setup
- Create epro Requisitions for ‘US100’ with multiple lines (same supplier). Navigation: Menu > eProcurement > Create Requisition. Save, submit and budget check
- Create PO running PO_AUTO_SRC. Navigation: Menu > Purchasing > Purchase Orders > Stage/Source Requests > PO Auto Sourcing
- PO created. POA Status = ‘Awaiting PO Dispatch’. Menu > Purchasing >Purchase Orders > Add/Update POs
- Budget Check and Dispatch PO
- Add User id as Supplier User. Navigation: Menu > Suppliers > Supplier Information >Add/Update > Supplier User
- Log into the supplier portal using a supplier user account associated to the supplier. Supplier should see the PO created under the POA tile.
- Go to Acknowledge PO. All lines are appearing.
- Go back to the employee (login in Employee) side and cancel one of the PO lines. Cancel line 2.
- Approve and dispatch the PO. So the supplier can see the PO again to acknowledge.
- Log in as the supplier user to acknowledge the PO
- Acknowledge both PO lines with changes- due date, qty, unit price, which ever. Noting for PO line 2, there is no indication that the PO line has already been canceled. Review each line and select the acknowledge button. Supplier should not be able to update line that is canceled
- Go back to the employee side and look for your PO acknowledgement. Navigation: Procurement Operations> PO Acknowledgements Tile
- Go to Action: Acknowledge PO. Note the changes that were made as a supplier appear on the POA page. Accept the changes
- Approve Acknowledgement
- Run PO_AUTO_CHNG And PO_POCHNGPRG Run controls. Be sure process ran to success. Path> Navigator> Purchasing> Purchase Orders> Acknowledgements> Process Change Orders (PO Auto Change)
- Approve Change Request.
- Go back to Purchase Order page. POA status = ‘Approved, changes Pending’. Menu > Purchasing > Purchase Orders > Add/Update POs
- Run Change Purchase Order process. Menu > Purchasing > Purchase Orders > Manage Change Orders > Change Purchase Order
- Go back to Purchase Order page. POA Status changed to ‘Acknowledged with changes’. Note that line 2 was not updated because it is canceled
- Go to POA Status link. Changes details. Canceled line
- Approve Po, Budget check and Dispatch. POA status = ‘Acknowledged with changes’
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document