E-SEC: No Email Validation on My System Profile
(Doc ID 2889820.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 24, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.58 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a user goes to the My System Profile page and enters an invalid email address there isn't any validation that an invalid email address has been entered.
In contrast, when entering an invalid email address on the User Profile page the following warning message is shown to the user:
Either the address contains syntax errors or the domain name is invalid or could not be verified"
However, the email is still allowed to be saved to the User Profile.
1. Navigate to PeopleTools > Security > User Profiles > User Profiles
2. Enter an invalid email address and save
3. A warning message appears but the invalid email is saved to the User Profile
4. Navigate to Main Menu > My System Profile
5. Enter an invalid email address
6. Notice that there is no warning that the email address is invalid
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document