E-AD : Unable to Close an Object using Shortcut Key Ctrl-F4
(Doc ID 2890756.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 22, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.59 to 8.60 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In PT 8.59, Ctrl-F4 does not close window for the first attempt.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Do a "Find In..." to search for text that appears in an Application Class. Ideally, the text should also appear in another PeopleCode type (e.g., AE PeopleCode).
2. Double-click on the "Find 1" result to open the Application Class.
3. Use the Ctrl-F4 key combination to close the Application Class PeopleCode. It will not work.
4. Double-click on the "Find 1" result to open another PeopleCode type (e.g., AE PeopleCode).
5. Use the Ctrl-F4 key combination to close the PeopleCode. This time it will work, and the focus will be back on the Application Class PeopleCode from step 2.
6. If you use the Ctrl-F4 key combination again, this time the Application Class PeopleCode will also close.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document