E-ES: Getting Error "A MERGE statement must be terminated by a semi-colon (;)" When Attempting to Build the Keyword and Recent Used Search Indexes, with Real Time Indexing Turned On, on Environments that Are on MS SQL Server
(Doc ID 2892140.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 25, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.59 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to build the Keyword and Recent Used Search indexes, with Real Time Indexing turned on, on environments that are on MS SQL Server, the following error is observed in the process stdout output file (<PS_CFG_HOME>/appserv/prcs/<SchedulerName>/LOGS/AE_PTSF_GENFEED_xxxxx.stdout):
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Turn on RTI for these indexes:PTSF_RECENTMENU and PTSF_RECENT_KW.
2. Download and apply the MS SQL Trigger to the database.
3. Deploy indexes: PTSF_RECENTMENU and PTSF_RECENT_KW.
4. Schedule the build of these indexes via PTSF_GENFEED.
5. Take note of the Process Instance that was generated for that run.
6. Navigate to PeopleTools > Process Scheduler > Process Monitor.
7. Filter by that Process Instance.
8. Click on the Details link.
9. Click on the View Log/Trace link.
10. Verify the error in the Application Engine output file AE_PTSF_GENFEED_xxxxx.stdout.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document