SFP: Process SFP Messages, SFP Message Pull (SCC_SFP_PULL Application Engine) Repeatedly ProcessingThe Same EMPLID, Resulting in Thousands of Messages
(Doc ID 2892495.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 09, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Campus Community - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When running Process SFP Messages, the SCC_SFP_PULL application engine process is repeatedly processing the same EMPLID, resulting in thousands of messages logged to the SCC_SFA_MSG_MAP table. For example, in one reported case, over 17000 rows were added to the table. Having so many rows added affects the performance of the process.
It's expected that each EMPLID should only be processed once, or that only the normal number of rows - pertinent to any single id - should be inserted into the table.
The issue is specific to only one EMPLID, or a small number (not all records).
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
- Navigate to Campus Community > Student Fin Planning Interface > Process SFP Messages.
- Populate the parameters, click 'Run' button, and check the 'SFP Message Pull Box' on the Process Scheduler Request page.
- Click 'OK' to submit the process.
- Click link to Process Monitor to note the status of the process.
- Once completed (if the process completes, and doesn't keep running indefinitely) review Message Log and note that one EMPLID is being logged repeatedly.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document