'Enrollment total exceeds facility capacity' Error is Incorrectly Stopping Enrollment, Based on Lowest Facility Capacity Among all Offerings for the Course
(Doc ID 2893422.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 09, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Records - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When there are two or more course offerings for the same course id, strm, session_code, and section number, and the classes are linked to different facility IDs with different facility capacities, the following error message will prevent enrollment in the course, based on the smallest facility capacity among all offerings, instead of the facility capacity specific to the class offering the student is enrolling into.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- On Curriculum Management > Course Catalog > Course Catalog > Offerings, set up two offerings for a course.
- On Curriculum Management > Schedule of Classes > Schedule New Course > Meetings, on the two different offerings for the same course/strm/session/ section, link different Facility ID's with different capacities.
- On the Enrollment Cntr tab of the same component, set the requested room capacity and enrollment capacity fields to be the same as the facility capacity.
- On Set Up SACR > Foundation Tables > Academic Structure > Academic Institution Table > Academic Institution 5, check the two boxes under the 'Class Enrollment Total - Facility Capacity Edit' section. Set the 'Reject with Error Message' radio button on both rows. Link first row to Message Set 14640, Message Number 307, and second to Message Set 14640, Message Number 309.
- Enroll students in the course offering with the lower facility capacity, up to the full capacity. The other course offering, with the higher facility capacity, should have enrollments remaining to be filled.
- Enroll a student, by any method, in the course offering with the higher capacity. For example, the student can sign into the application and navigate to Self Service > Student Center, click the 'Enroll' link, and proceed with the normal steps to enroll in the course. After attempting to finish the enrollment on the last step, note the enrollment was not successful, and the error message appears on the View Results Page.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document