Error 'First operand of . is NULL, so member cannot access PROCESS_INSTANCE (180,236)' Occurs After Clicking the Authorize and Post Button Twice
(Doc ID 2896811.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 19, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Financials - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A credit card tender key is used when posting a student payment through Cashiering Post Student Payment when the hosted payment framework is used. The credit card information is entered. Control is passed to the third party epayment provider. Once the credit card details are entered on the third party side, control returns to Cashiering. The operator clicks the Authorize and Print button. The receipt prints successfully. When the Authorize and Print button is clicked a second time, the following error occurs.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Navigate to Student Financials, Cashiering, Post Student Payments;
- Complete the add search page;
- Enter a Target Key, and the Credit Card Tender Key;
- Enter the credit card information on the third party ePayment provider page;
- Return to the Cashiering component;
- Click the Authorize and Print button;
- The receipt prints;
- Click the Authorize and Print button again
- The error is displayed to the operator.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document