E-NV: 2-Tier Client Is Not Stable. Sometimes It Hangs or Disappears While Working in It.
(Doc ID 2902109.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 17, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.59 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Recently upgraded to PeopleTools to 8.59.07, FSCM I43, Oracle 19c, and Windows Server 2019.
Since the upgrade, the nVision client does not seem to be stable. There are times it will open and work without issue.
Other times, a User may encounter the the following issues:
- Working in nVision and it will disappear.
- Attempts to launch nVision and it does not respond.
- If the client does open, opening a layout is taking 2-3 hours or just crashes.
- Reports are very slow in both in two-tier and PIA.
The following actions have been tried:
- Clear local cache and launch.
- Reboot machine.
- Open Application Designer and launch nVision.
- Continually launching nVision application.
- Kill hung nVision via Task Manager and keep re-launching.
Upgrade from PeopleTools 8.58.09 to 8.59.07
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document