EAP: ExcelUploadforVoucher.xlsm File Or Voucher Build Not Checking Voucher Distribution Line GL BU Security
(Doc ID 2909686.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 21, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Users are unable to add a voucher online if they don't have security access to the AP BU or the GL Unit at the Voucher Distribution Line Level. However, they are able to add an InterUnit Voucher using the ExcelUploadforVoucher.xlsm file where they don't have security access to the GL Unit.
If users are unable to add an InterUnit voucher online when they do not have security access to the Voucher Distribution Line GL Unit, then they should also not be able to create a voucher successfully using the ExcelUploadforVoucher.xlsm file process. GL Unit security checking needs to be done either from the ExcelUploadforVoucher Import process or during Voucher Build.
1. Setup Financials/Supply Chain > Security > Activate Row-level Security > Type of Security = User ID Level Security > Secured Fields = BU
2. Setup Financials/Supply Chain > Security > Unit by User ID > User ID = VP1 does not have access to BU = US003, VP2 has access to BU = US003
3. Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update > Regular Entry > VP1 is unable to add a Voucher for US003
4. Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update > Regular Entry > VP1 adds a voucher for BU US001 > before saving the voucher, change the GL Unit at the Distrib Lines section = US003 > Save
5. Message for GL Unit: Invalid Value – press the prompt button or hyperlink for a list of valid values (11,15) > click OK > Look Up GL Unit list of values does not have access to GL BU = US003 > Message is valid
6. ExcelUploadforVoucher.xlsm file > VP1 is unable to import a file where BUSINESS_UNIT = ‘US003’ and UserID = 'VP2'
7. Error is valid: Imported 0 vouchers: (Unit, Invoice ID, Invoice Date), Description:(US003,ABC3, 2022-11-02) , Sample Comments, Invalid AP Business Unit found on the Voucher Header of the XML doc
8. ExcelUploadForVoucher.xlsm file > Business Unit = US001, UserID = VP2, GL Business Unit = US003 > VP1 clicks Generate XML and Post > OK > Imported 1 vouchers > OK
9. Accounts Payable > Batch Processes > Vouchers > Voucher Build > VP1 runs Voucher Build
10. Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update > Regular Entry > VP1 opens the voucher > Entry Status = Postable > Invoice Information tab > Distribution Lines section > GL Unit = US003 > VP1 does not have access to BU = US003
11. VP1 changes the Payment Terms from 00 to 30 > Save > GL Unit at the Distrib Line level is still US003 > Save is successful without any messages
12. VP1 clicks in GL Unit field > US003 is not listed
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document