E-PIA: Search Criteria Persists After Clearing
(Doc ID 2916675.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 22, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.59 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After using the 'Clear' button on a search page, the previous search criteria values are remembered when using certain operators (e.g. IN, BETWEEN). This causes search errors when attempting to search on specific transaction search pages like vouchers, which returns an error as follows.
You must enter more than Business Unit'.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Menu > Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update > Regular Entry > Find an Existing Value tab.
2. Enter Business Unit 'US001'.
3. Enter Voucher Style with operator of 'IN' - select 'Regular Voucher' and 'Register Voucher'.
4. Click Search - this should return results.
5. Click the 'Clear' button to remove the search criteria.
6. Enter Business Unit 'US001'.
7. Notice that the Voucher Style criteria is currently blank. Change the operator to 'IN' and notice that it brings back the previous search criteria of 'Regular Voucher' and 'Register Voucher'.
8. Click Search. Receive an error stating that more criteria than just Business Unit is required even though the Voucher Style criteria is populated.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document