'Invalid Message While SQL Transaction In Process' Error On 2023-2024 Suspense Management After Clicking 'Process ISIR' Button, or On Perform Auto Verification After Clicking 'Apply Changes' Button
(Doc ID 2923384.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 15, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Financial Aid - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to click the Process ISIR button on the 2023-2024 Suspense Management component, an error displays, with the beginning of the message showing the following:
Then the error message ends with some technical code and a few lines of description. Despite the error, the new row does get added to the Correct 2023-2024 ISIR records component, just without the EFC calculation having been successfully completed.
The error message, and end result of the EFC failing to calculate, will occur in every case where the EFC calculation produces a warning message and regardless of the specific warning message. The issue will also similarly occur when clicking 'Apply Changes' on the Perform Auto Verification component.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- On Set Up SACR > Product Related > Financial Aid > File Management > ISIR Data Load Parameters > ISIR Load Options 1, for Aid Year 2024, check the 'Call INAS' button to enable the FM EFC to calculate when the ISIR is processed.
- Navigate to Financial Aid > File Management > ISIR Import > 2023-2024 Suspense Management.
- Click 'Process ISIR' button and note error(s) displayed on the page.
- Navigate to Financial Aid > Verification > Manage 2023-2024 Verification and click the 'Ged Fed Data' button on the the Household Info tab.
- After completing data entry on the component, switch to the last tab, Tax Data Consolidation, and click 'Consolidate' button.
- If necessary to force the verification process to fail (just for testing purposes), click into the 'Consolidated Tax Data' link and in the 'Student's Tax Data' section change the AGI field to a value 50,000 higher than the current value.
- Navigate to Financial Aid > Verification > Perform Auto Verification.
- Click the 'perform compare' button to see the status go to 'failed'.
- Click into the 'field comparison detail' link and click the 'apply' box on all fields shown then click ok.
- Click 'Apply Changes' and note the error(s).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document