IM INAS NCP Invoked With 'Use Reported PC' Option is Using Reported Custodial PC Instead of Non-Custodial
(Doc ID 2924709.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 28, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Financial Aid - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When invoking IM INAS NCP with the 'Use Reported PC' option checked in the Global Options setup, the calculation incorrectly uses the reported value for the custodial parent, when it should be using the reported value for the non-custodial parent.
The issue has been reported for the first time specifically in conjunction with Aid Year 2023-2024 but may have been an issue in previous Aid Years also.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- On Financial Aid > Institutional Application Data > Maintain Application 2023-2024, identify an application (or load/create one) with the HouseHold Type set to 'HHA / HHB' and HHB Indicated set to 'Yes'.
- On the Non-Custodial Parent Data tab, click the 'INAS NCP' button to calculate the "baseline" NCP.
- On Set Up SACR > Product Related > Financial Aid > Application Processing > EFC 2023–2024 Global Options > IM Yes/No Options, check the 'Use Reported PC' options box.
- Back on Maintain Application 2023-2024, on the Student data tab, enter a value in the Parent(s) Contribution field in the Base+2 (Anticipated Year); then on the Custodial Parent Data tab, enter a DIFFERENT value in the Non-Custodial Parent Contribution field in the Base+2 (Anticipated Year) section; for both fields, enter values greater than the PC calculated in step 2 as shown on the Computation Summary tab in the Contribution For Student field in the IM Options Non-Custodial Parents Contribution section.
- Go back to the Non Custodial Parent Data tab, click into IM NCP, click the 'Delete' button to remove the previous extension, then click 'OK' to go back to the main page.
- Click the INAS NCP button which will redirect to Computation Summary, then scroll to the Contribution For Student field and note that it shows the reported Custodial PC.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document