E-SEC: Performance Issue When Deleting SETUP_HRMS Menu From Any Permission List
(Doc ID 2932066.1)
Last updated on MARCH 03, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.59 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When adding the SETUP_HRMS Menu (Navigation : Main menu -> PeopleTools -> Security -> Permission Lists) and selecting some components, saving it seems to save fine. Bear in mind there are over 600 components on this menu item. But, the process of deleting the menu from a permission list takes a long time. Sometimes it fails to save, and kicks the user out of the application. It appears that the code behind this process loops through every component, even if it is not selected, and appears to be inefficient. Shouldn't the code check to see what menu components are enabled, and then delete those?
How to replicate the issue:
- Open a permission list or create a new permission list under PeopleTools >
Security > Permission Lists & Roles > Permission Lists.
- On the menus tab, add SETUP_HRMS.
- Edit the menu item, add just one component, select All, and save.
- Save the Menu.
- Delete the SETUP_HRMS menu, and press Save.
- Observe that the process will take at least 30 seconds, and possibly 2-5 minutes, depending on the number of menu items.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document