EPC 9.2: When Funds Dist Target Transactions Are Created, PC_FND_DIST Is Not Updating Accounting Date via Pc_date Process to the First Date of the Current Open Period.
(Doc ID 2932082.1)
Last updated on MARCH 06, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When Funds Dist Target transactions are created, PC_FND_DIST is not updating the Accounting Date via PC_DATE process to the first date of the current Open Period. This occurs when the original transactions were previously cost-collected but did not process through Funds Distribution (no threshold). When the threshold is updated at a later date, the transactions will process through Funds Distribution but the absence of logic to update the Accounting Date will put the new target rows into Budget exception.
1. Create a Project/Activity. (Project Costing > Project Definitions> Define Project General Info)
2. Create a Funds distribution rule. (Project Costing > Funds Distribution >Funds Distribution)
3. Create the transaction in the prior period and keep the prior period open at this time. (Period could be PC or GL depending on PC BU setting)
4. Once the transaction got processed. Close the prior period. (Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Business Unit Related > General Ledger > Open Periods > Open Period Update)
5. Run the PC_FND_DIST process. (Project Costing > Funds Distribution > Process Funds Distribution)The process will put the transactions in error due to the closed period.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document