EAM92: Selecting Check Eligibility Button Removes the Cancel and Done Buttons on the Partial Days Dialog
(Doc ID 2955128.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 28, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Absence Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Selecting the "Check Eligibility" button before modifying data in the Partial Days dialog box (of a cancelled, denied or pushed back Absence Request) removes the "Cancel" and "Done" buttons from the dialog box. Users have no way to return to the Manage Absences page.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
- User opens a cancelled, denied or pushed back Absence Request (Self Service Home Page>Time tile>View Requests tile>Open an event in one of those workflow statuses.)
- Select and apply the Absence (this must be done even if the same absence is being used, or else an error will display indicating the Absence name is missing).
- Enter reason and tab out of the field.
- Click "Check Eligibility" button and review forecast message.
- Select "Partial Days" section to view/enter/modify any partial day information.
- Note the "Partial Days" dialog box does not have the (expected) "Cancel" or "Done" buttons in either upper corner.
Users have no way to return to the Absence Request page. They must use the back arrow to return to "View Requests". In some cases, that does not work and the users must click the "Home" icon to restart from the Self Service Home Page.
NOTE: This does not occur if the "Partial Days" dialog box is accessed before clicking "Check Eligibility".
This issue occurs after applying PUM 45, which introduces the new "Manage Absences" component.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document