EAP: Inactivate Suppliers Process Ignores Row Level Security When Turned on for SetID
(Doc ID 2966658.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 12, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Even though Row Level Security is turned on for SetID by Permission List, when a User is on the Inactivate Suppliers Run Control ID page, if the SetID field is left blank, the ‘Log Supplier Processed’ box is checked, and the Count Suppliers button is clicked, the ‘Rows to be Processed’ will include SetID’s that the User does not have permission for. This is confirmed when the Inactivate Suppliers (AP_VNDSTATUS) process is run. The Message Log displays the Supplier SetID’s that the User does not have permission for.
1. Navigate to PeopleTools > Security > User Profiles > User Profiles
a. User ID = XXXX is setup with Permission Lists of Primary = ZZZZZZZZ and Row Security = ZZZZZZZZ
2. Navigate to Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Security > Activate Row-level Security
3. On the Security Options page
a. Select Permissions List Level Security
b. Secured Fields = Business Unit and SetID
4. Navigate to Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Security > TableSet by Permission List
5. On the TableSet Security by Permission List page
a. Primary Permission List = ZZZZZZZZ / SetID = BBBBB
6. Navigate to Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Security > Apply Security Setups
7. Run Apply Security Setups
8. Log in as User ID = XXXX
9. Navigate to Suppliers > Supplier Information > Maintain > Inactivate Suppliers
10. On the Inactivate Suppliers Run Control ID page, change the Date to 11/01/15 and click the magnifying glass for SetID
11. On the Look Up SetID page, only SetID = BBBBB is displayed
12. Select SetID = BBBBB
13. Check the ‘Log Supplier Processed’ box and click Count Suppliers
14. Rows to be Processed = 3
15. Run Inactivate Suppliers
16. Message Log shows only 3 Suppliers were processed for SetID = BBBBB
17. On the Inactivate Suppliers Run Control ID page, blank out the SetID and click Count Suppliers
18. Rows to be Processed = 156
19. Run Inactivate Suppliers
20. Message Log shows 156 Suppliers were processed for SetID = AAAAA, BBBBB, and CCCCC
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document