Incorrect Manager On Fluid Organization Chart Page for Employees Reporting to Vacant Position
(Doc ID 2973616.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 02, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the Job Tree Builder encounters employees reporting to an empty position (level A), and next level B has 2 employees one active and the other one inactive, it assigns those employees to the next level C instead to assign the employees to the new manager in level B.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigation: Set Up HCM> Common Definitions> Direct Reports for Managers> Direct Reports Interface, for Component HRCD_CO_DIRECTORY
Access Type equals to “By Part Posn Mgmt Supervisor”
2. Employees Information example:
Employee_1, position "Position_1", reports to
Employee_2, position "Position_2" Terminated, reports to
Employee_3, position "Position_3" (10-FEB-23 - Terminated) and Employee_4, Active, starting on this position "Position_3" on 10-FEB-23
Both employees have the same position "Position_3", they report to Employee_5, position "Position_5" (01-NOV-22 - Active)
3. Run Direct Reports Table Build process (Set Up HCM > Common Definitions > Direct Reports for Managers > Direct Reports Table Build > Direct Reports Tables Build)
4. Run the Tree Builder process (Set Up HCM > Common Definitions > Org Chart Viewer > Tree Builder Run Control)
5. Navigate to Manager Self Service Fluid Homepage > Company Directory Tile > search for Employee_1 >click on View Org Chart icon
Result: Employee_1, position "Position_1", Active, should report to Employee_4 but he is reporting to Employee_5
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document