Packaging Selection Criteria Set on 'FA Item Type 2' Tab Not Working to Fail Validation of Item Type When Manually Awarded
(Doc ID 2978204.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 03, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Financial Aid - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to manually award and validate an item type that is linked to a select equation set at the item type level, the item type is unexpectedly allowed to be awarded.
Validation is expected to fail for the item type based on the equation used and the student's data and the results when testing the equation.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Set up an Equation on Set Up SACR > Common Definitions > Equation Engine > Equation Editor, with the Application Prompt ID value set to 'Fin Aid Packaging Select Eqtns'.
- Link the Equation from step 1 to an item type on Set Up SACR > Product Related > Financial Aid > Awards > Financial Aid Item Types > FA Item Type 2.
- Test Equation on Set Up SACR > Common Definitions > Equation Engine > Equation Test Data > Equation Test Data, verifying that after entering the Global Variables and clicking 'Test', the results show A_SELECT = 'F'.
- On Financial Aid > Awards > Award Processing > Assign Awards to a Student > Student Aid Package for the same student tested in the previous step, enter a row for the Item Type from step 2, leaving the amounts 0.
- Click 'Validate' and note the Item Type is assigned an amount.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document