EGL: Populating Accounting Tag in Budget Journal Lines Ignores the Currency Change.
(Doc ID 2987180.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 17, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When populating Accounting Tag in Budget Journal Lines, it ignores the Currency Change.
For Budget Journal, change default currency at header level and enter budget details at line level. Before entering Accounting Tag, currency at Header and line level be the same.
Enter an Accounting Tag. As soon as Accounting Tag is entered, currency will default to original currency at line level (not same as header currency).
This result to currency discrepancy between header and line after Accounting Tag entry in Budget Journal creation.
Steps to replicate:
1. Create Budget Journal (Main Menu > Commitment Control > Budget Journal > Enter Budget Journal)
2. Input the Ledger Group and change default currency from USD to CAD at header level
3. Enter Budget Journal Line (click Budget Lines Tab) and verify currency. Note that, now, Budget Header and line showing same currency code.
4. Enter Accounting Tag and verify Currency Code at line level.
5. Add lines by clicking + button. It keeps adding lines with currency code as USD instead of header currency CAD.
See replication here.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document