EPY: Deleting Other Earnings Rows When in Update by Payline Causes Orphan Rows in PAY_EARNINGS
(Doc ID 2987201.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 20, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Payroll for North America - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There is an issue when a payroll person creates a pay page for an on-cycle pay, then goes into Update by Payline and deletes rows.
The Payline remains and the Earnings row remains, but the Employee ID is removed from the PAY_EARNINGS, causing orphan rows to exist.
This is happening in Canada and U.S.A Paylines if the steps below are used.
1: Create a New Paysheet (Navigation: Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing USA > Update Paysheets > By Paysheet)
- Enter User ID, keep OK-to-Pay off on Addl_nbr 0 row on line 9
- Click + to add a new Addl_nbr row - Enter a value in Pay Other Earnings for an earnings value
2: Update the new Paysheet by Payline (Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing USA > Update Paysheets > By Payline)
- Search for the User and the specific Page created in #1 - Delete Pay other earnings and pay earnings data respectively from by paylines page
- Remove the Other Earnings from ADDL_NBR 1 first by clicking ‘-’ at the bottom
- Then remove the Earnings row by clicking the upper ‘-’ on the page
- Then try to remove the Earnings row on the Line 1 Addl_Nbr 0 row clicking the upper ‘-’ on the page
- Save 3
3: Execute the following SQL in the database to see one row of data where the EMPLID is blank (Ensure a blank is in between the ‘’;.
SELECT * FROM PS_PAY_EARNINGS
WHERE EMPLID = ' ';
- Rows appear with no Employee ID.
The issue is reported in Bug 35631124 - ORPHAN ROWS CREATED IN PAY_EARNINGS WHEN USERS DELETE A PAYLINE
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document