E-REN: Slow REN Ping Test and Intermittent Issues with Running Reports to Window, in PeopleTools 8.50/8.51 Environments with High Network Latency
Last updated on OCTOBER 11, 2012
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.50 to 8.51 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Some or all of the PeopleSoft users are experiencing intermittent issues with running reports to window. And when running a ping test, it may take several seconds to complete.
Below are details on the environment where you are more likely to see this issue, along with the specific symptoms.
The issue is more likely to occur in environments where some or all of these conditions exists:
- Some or all of the users are on a network with high latency
- REN Server is installed on Windows 2008 or Windows 2008 R2 (but issue could exist on other OS's as well)
-Using PeopleTools 8.50 or 8.51
Below are symptoms you are likely to observe:
1. The ping test runs slowly and the 'average latency' values are high (eg 1000ms or higher)
2. You are able to successfully run a report to window just one or two times. After that, if you try to run another report to window, from the same browser, it never completes. Instead it remains stuck on the 'Queued' page, and the 'Queued' page continually flashes. If you delete browser cache, you may then find that you are able to successfully run a report to window, again.
3. There may be some users who have no issues with REN functionality, whereas others experience the above symptoms. The users who experience problems, may be isolated to a certain subnet. The issue is more common in VPN's.
4. If REN server debug logging is enabled, the following message is logged every few seconds (after a failed attempt to run a report):
3432.9024 [05/May/2010 08:42:37](Dbg) SockThread - setting tcp_nodelay = 0
-Upgrade to a newer PeopleTools Version
-Users moving to a different physical location
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms