AM: Scanner Functionality Information
(Doc ID 637537.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 24, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 8 to 9.1 [Release 8 to 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Enterprise, Asset management 8.8x, 8.9x, 9.x
HighJump does not accept new customers for Physical Inventory integration. However, they do support their existing customers.
This document was previously published as Customer Connection Solution 200960468
1. What features will PeopleSoft Financials 8.9 support in the Asset Management Module and the Inventory Management Modules for hand held scanner devices for physical inventory counts and put away and pick functionality?
2. Will PeopleSoft Financials 8.9 look to implement wireless technology for conducting the Physical Inventory process or will the process still be batch based? If so, what Integrated Radio standards will be supported? (example IEEE 802.11g) What Security will be supported? (example WEP)
3. What hand held scanner devices (manufacturer and models) are being tested for interface with the Asset Management Module and Inventory Management Module?
4. Will PeopleSoft be delivering a MS Windows CE based sample application for download onto the hand held scanner devices to support the Asset Management Physical Inventory process and the Inventory Management Full or Cycle Count process?
5. Does PeopleSoft see the extract file formats changing for either of the processes in question 4 changing with the release of Financials 8.9?
6. Does PeopleSoft have a recommended target architecture for the hand held scanner devices?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!